Thanks For Helping Me Grow DIY Teacher Gift 2,126 views
Share this Post
After asking all my teacher friends what their favorite gifts have been in the past, it was surprising to hear that the top two gift ideas were simply personal notes from students and money/gift cards. We combined the two gift ideas by creating a printable gift card holder that also has a place for kids to add their favorite things about their teacher and classroom. It is such a fun and creative way to say thank you to those teachers who work so hard to teach our children!
- Printable “Thanks For Helping Me Grow” Gift Tag (Download)
- HP ENVY Photo Printer
- HP Inkjet Matte Brochure Paper or Cardstock
- HP Original Ink (Learn how to save 50% on HP Ink here)
- 2” or 3” Circle Punch
- ¼” Hole Punch
- Plant, Flower, or Seed Packet
- Print out the printable “Thanks For Helping Me Grow” Gift Tag (Download) on HP Brochure Paper or cardstock using your HP ENVY Photo printer.
- Cut out around the tags with scissors, leaving space around the circle line.
- Place the tag into the circle punch and line up the printed circle with the punch. Press to cut the tag out. If you don’t have a punch, you can cut the tags out with scissors instead.
- Use a hole punch to cut a small hole at the top of the gift tag. Write your name/message on the back (optional, but always a good idea).
- Cut a piece of string to fit around the plant/flower pot or around the seed packet.
- Tie the gift tag to the plant/flower pot and give to your favorite teacher to tell them how much they are appreciated.