Sunshine Gift Box 3,326 views
Share this Post
Life is hard. Whether you’ve got the weight of the world on your shoulders or are having a string of bad luck, it’s hard to find the positive things. I’ll always be grateful for those who went out of their way to cheer me up when I’ve had a bad day. Now, I like to return the favor by putting together a “Sunshine Gift Box” to make someone else’s day just a little bit brighter.
- Printable “Sunshine” Gift Tag (Download)
- HP Inkjet Matte Brochure Paper
- HP DeskJet 3755 All-in-One Printer
- HP Original Ink (Learn how to save 50% on HP Ink here)
- Hole Punch
- String, ribbon, or twine
- Box, mason jar, or wooden crate
- Miscellaneous Yellow items
- Yellow Acrylic Paint and brush (optional)
- Tissue Paper (optional)
- Find something to use as your gift box. I found a small, unpainted wooden crate at the craft store.
- Paint the crate with 2-3 coats of yellow acrylic paint, making sure to let the paint dry completely between coats.
- Go to the store and purchase yellow items. For example, I found different candy bars, gum, lotion, socks, nail polish, and more. I also found an adorable Minion plush which is sure to make anyone smile!
- Line the crate with white tissue paper, then arrange all of your yellow items to fit inside.
- Download the Free Printable Sunshine Gift Tag file (Download). Print it out on HP Inkjet Matte Brochure Paper or cardstock.
- Use scissors to cut out a tag. Then make a hole in the top of the gift tag using a hole punch. Write a little note on the back and sign your name.
- Use some string, ribbon, or twine to tie the gift tag to the crate.
- Share the Sunshine Gift Box with someone who could use some extra love!
Hope you enjoy creating a Sunshine Gift Box to share with those you love!
YouTube music credit:
Life of Riley by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License