Summer Reading Challenge DIY Bookmarks 1,144 views
Share this Post
Summer is a great time for sunshine, fun, family, and friends. It’s also a great time to read all kinds of amazing books! Did you know that most kids who don’t read during the summer break will see a decline in their reading progress? This can put them behind when school starts up again, which isn’t fun for anyone. These Free Printable Summer Reading Challenge Bookmarks are a fun way to help encourage kids of every age to keep reading this summer and become the best readers they can be!
- Printable Summer Reading Challenge Bookmarks (Download)
- HP Inkjet Matte Brochure Paper or cardstock paper
- HP DeskJet 3700 Printer
- HP Original Ink (Learn how to save 50% on HP Ink here)
- Scissors or Paper Trimmer
- Download the Free Printable Reading Challenge Bookmarks file (Download). Print it out on HP Inkjet Matte Brochure Paper or cardstock.
- Use scissors or a paper trimmer to cut out the bookmarks (there are 4 on a page).
- Set a goal with your child to read 10 books this summer! As your child is reading, use the bookmark to save their place. Once they have finished a book, add the title to the list on the bookmark. Once they finish ten books, you can give them a reward. We have found that rewards like a new book, a visit to the museum, getting an ice cream cone, or another fun summer activity are great motivators.Another option is to add ten titles of books that you would like to read to the bookmark right away. Cross them off as you finish each book to reach your goal!
- Print out more bookmarks and see how many books you can read throughout the entire summer!
Have fun reading this summer!