Summer Paper Chain Reading Log 1,466 views
Share this Post
Once summer gets here, it’s hard to keep kids reading. When kids aren’t reading as much at home as they did in school, their reading skills can go down. With this Free Printable Summer Paper Chain Reading Log, kids are encouraged to keep reading by adding new links to their paper chain reading log every time they read a book! Throughout the summer, they see what they’ve been reading AND keep their reading skills up at the same time!
- Printable Summer Paper Chain Reading Log (Download)
- HP DeskJet 3755 All-in-One Printer
- HP Multipurpose Paper
- Scissors or Paper Trimmer
- Download the Free Printable Summer Paper Chain Reading Log file (Download). Print it out on HP Multipurpose Paper.
- Cut out the title piece and the reading log strips with scissors or paper trimmer.
- Write your child’s name on the title piece and stick it on it on the wall.
- After your child finishes a book, write in the book title and the date on a reading log strip.
- Tape the two ends of the reading log strip together to create a circle. After reading multiple books, loop the reading log strip through the others to create a chain.