St. Patty’s Day Banner 1,543 views
Share this Post
Project Time:20 minutesErin Go Bragh! Everyone is Irish on St. Patty’s day and now you can celebrate by making your own festive 4-leaf clover banner! Enjoy this simple craft, using some recycled items you probably already have around the house. We’re sure it will brighten up your home and maybe even spread some luck!
- Shamrock printable (Download)
- Green construction paper
- An old book (or patterned cardstock)
- Glue stick
- Piece of cardboard
- Hole punch
- Pencil and scissors
- String or yarn
- Download the Shamrock printable. (Download)
- Insert green construction paper and print several copies!
- Fold each printed page in half lengthwise so that when you cut out a clover, it will make two. (Cool, right?)
- Continue to cut out clovers until you have at least 9 (depending on how long you would like your banner).
- Using your piece of cardboard, start to make a “flag” pattern by first cutting out a 4.5” x 3” rectangle. (length x width)
- Finish the flag by cutting out a triangle shape off of the bottom, in order to create the “tails”.
- Using a pencil, trace your cardboard “flag” onto as many book pages as you have clover cutouts. (If you do not have book pages, you can use patterned cardstock.)
- Cut out your flags and then glue a clover on each one.
- Punch out a hole in the top corners of each flag using your hole punch. Be careful not to punch too close to the edge so it does not rip.
- Use string or yarn to string up each of your clover flags! Make sure to use plenty of string so that you can slide the flags and create enough length to hang the banner!
- Share and enjoy!