Splatter Paint Photo Mat 1,115 views
Share this Post
You can use a variety of types of paint to make splatter art. However, today we are going to use watercolor paints. They are easy to use, come in a wide selection of colors and are easy to clean up. So grab your paints and a paint brush and let’s make some custom photo mats!
- Photo mat or card stock cut to fit your frame
- Watercolor paints
- Paint brush
- Small bowl of water
- Printed photo
Make sure to cover your work surface before painting so you don’t end up with paint on your table.
- Pre-wet your watercolor paints. This gets the paint ready to use and ensures the best color.
- For a pretty blended look, brush water on the paper before adding paint color.
- Use your finger to sprinkle paper from the brush to the paper. Dip the brush into the paint, rub your finger across the brush bristles over the paper.
- Add drops of water to the paper and then add drops of paint color on to the water.
- Experiment with other paint drops and blends.
- All the paint to dry.
- Add the printed photo to your dried art paper, adhere with glue.
- Frame and enjoy.
There is no right or wrong way to create a splattered paint look. You can dab, sprinkle, or shake paint on to the paper. Every project will be different. mix and match colors but don’t brush the colors together too much to prevent the colors from becoming muddy. Explore different techniques to see what you like.
I can’t wait to see what fun art you create for your photo mats!