Shrink Plastic Butterfly Mobile 4,973 views
Share this Post
Project Time:45 minutesButterflies are one of the most beautiful signs of Spring. Bring the beauty of these fluttering creatures into your room with a magical butterfly mobile. The shrink plastic butterflies gently float in the air, catching the light as it hits them.
- HP printer
- Butterfly template (Download)
- Shrink plastic
- Permanent markers
- Hole punch
- Baking sheet and oven
- Fishing line
- Embroidery hoop
- Craft glue
- Print out the butterfly templates (Download) using your HP printer.
- Lay a sheet of shrink plastic over the template and tape in place.
- Use a permanent marker to trace the butterfly shape.
- Use permanent markers to color in the butterfly shapes. Don’t be afraid to blend colors!
- Cut around each butterfly shape and punch a hole near the top of the butterfly.
- Arrange the butterflies on a baking sheet, making sure they don’t touch.
- Bake according to the directions that came with the shrink plastic.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Tie a length of fishing line to each butterfly.
- Tie the other end of the fishing line to an embroidery hoop.
- Cut three pieces of fishing line, and tie them together in a knot at one end.
- Tie the other end of these lengths of fishing line to three points of the embroidery hoop, so that you can hang it up.
- Secure those lengths of fishing line to the embroidery hoop with a drop of craft glue.
- Enjoy your beautiful new butterfly mobile!