Printable Definition Bookmarks 1,952 views
Share this Post
Project Time:5 MinutesWhat inspired me to make these printable definition bookmarks was an infographic I saw the other day on Facebook entitled, “Surprising Book Facts”. The facts were just that, very surprising! One fact said that 42% of college grads never read another book after college. Another said that 80% of US families did not buy or read a book last year. As someone who reads often, and who still enjoys a hard copy of a book, I thought I’d share these printable bookmarks. There are three bookmarks, each with a definition taken from the Merriam Webster Dictionary. They are, knowledge, wisdom, and clever.
- Free Printable Bookmark (Download)
- HP Brochure Paper
- Hole Punch
- Fabric Ribbon or Fabric Scraps
- Print the bookmarks (Download) on HP Brochure Paper and cut them out with scissors. Use a hole punch to punch a hole for the fabric tassel.
- Cut a six-inch piece of fabric ribbon, fold it in half, and attach it to the bookmark for the tassel.
- If you cannot find fabric ribbon, you can make your own. A light weight fabric works best. Cut a six-inch-long by a three-quarter inch wide piece of scrap fabric. Twist the fabric length wise to wrinkle it. Fold it in half and attach it to the bookmark.
- Make these easy DIY bookmarks for books and notebooks. Print out some extra ones to pass out to your clever friends to encourage growth in knowledge and wisdom through reading!