Paper Lebkuchenherzen (German Gingerbread Hearts) 4,550 views
Share this Post
This tutorial will let you decorate and wear your own Lebkuchenherzen. Just do not try to eat them; they are made from cardstock and paint! Make up several for yourself or give them to friends and family to show them how much you care.
“Schatzi” is a German term of endearment meaning “treasured one” or “little treasure.”
“Ich liebe dich” means “I love you.”
“Gruß aus Deutschland” means “Greetings from Germany.”
“Danke” means “Thank you.”
- Lebkuchenherzen printables Download
- HP printer
- Tan cardstock
- Glitter glue or puffy paint
- Craft glue
- Embellishments like rick rack and buttons
- Yarn or ribbon
- Hole punch
- Print the Lebkuchenherzen printables (Download) onto tan cardstock using your HP printer.
- Cut out the hearts on the black lines.
- Use glitter glue, paint, or embellishments to decorate the hearts. Google photos of real Lebkuchenherzen for reference.
- Allow the glue and paint to dry overnight.
- Punch two holes near the top of each heart.
- Thread yarn or ribbon through the holes and tie the ends together to create a necklace.
- Display your Lebkuchenherzen or give them to a loved one!