Mermaid Tail Pillow Boxes 1,682 views
Share this Post
My daughter is fascinated by mermaids. She’s always reading books about them, dressing up like one, and somehow works them into all her daily routines. She’s been making plans for this year’s birthday party, and has settled on a mermaid/under the sea theme. We are planning on filling up these fun Mermaid Tail Pillow Boxes with treats and favors to give to her guests at the party!
- Mermaid Tail Pillow Box Printable (Download)
- Scoring Tool/Bone Folder
- Tape Runner
- Fast-Drying Glue
Printable Clock Face Instructions:
- Print out the Mermaid Tail Pillow Box printable (Download) on cardstock with an HP Envy 5540 Printer.
- Using a scoring tool or bone folder, trace along the blue dashed lines on the pillow box template. This will make folding the pillow box much easier.
- Fold along all the lines and lay it down flat.
- Run a line of tape from the tape runner along the side flap of the pillow box. Fold it over, then close the pillow box. Press along the edge to help the tape stick well.
- This step is totally optional, but it adds a lot of fun sparkle to the mermaid tail! All you need is some fast-drying glue and glitter in the color of your choice.
- Add some glue to as few or as many scales as you’d like. Then, sprinkle glitter all over the pillow box. Let it sit for a minute then gently tap the box to remove any excess glitter.
- Fold one end of the pillow box closed. Then fold over the top edge of the fin and add a couple lines of tape runner. Press the fin up against the closed end of the box and make sure it is stuck on well.
- Add some candy and/or party favors to the box and close the other end. Now they are ready to share with your party guests!