Make a Family Photo Collage 2,089 views
Share this Post
- Free Printable Family Collage Art designed by Jen Goode (Download)
- White Cardstock or paper
- 11×14″ photo frame
- Backing board cut to fit in frame
- 6 photos – trimmed to 3”x 3”
- Scissors or Craft knife
The free printable kit (Download) comes with a variety of paper accessories to help you create this collage. Use as much or as little as you’d like. In my example, I am using a thick, white, textured cardstock for all the printed pieces and a photo paper for the photos. Print the word art on white paper and use as is or color it however you’d like to make a collage piece that is uniquely yours!
The printable kit includes:
- Word art
- Paper strips (un-cut)
- Photo cropping template
- Collage grid template
How to make a family photo collage:
- Print out the family collage art. (Download)
- Cut out collage art and adhere to background board. My background board was black (I used black foamcore) so I added an extra an extra sheet of white cardstock to cover the entire board.
- Cut the printable strips of paper. Adhere each strip to the backing board to create an interesting look for your background. This step is optional. You can completely skip this step or add your own fun texture however you’d like.
- Cut out the word art in the kit to use in your collage.
- Use the grid template from the kit to attach your photos into the collage design.
- Attach your photo collage grid to the backing board. Frame your masterpiece!
- To add an even more finished look, you can add a second layer of cardstock behind your collage, before you add it to your backing board. I used black cardstock to create a thin border around the collage.
Tip: Use fun colors of cardstock instead of white to add a bright and bold look to your collage. Consider using accent colors to bring out certain features of your family photos. In this example, I started with a white frame but decided I wanted more “pop” to the piece so I painted the frame black and added a black board around the collage to highlight the photos more.