Glittery Matchbox Magnets 3,012 views
Share this Post
Now we bring in the matchboxes! I’ve always loved crafting with these. They are cheap and readily available. There are so many ideas – ornaments, mini-gift boxes, party favors and more. You can find them at most grocery stores in the charcoal section. And now that the cooler weather has arrived, we’ll all be lighting candles, so they’ll come in use. I like to empty the matchboxes into a glass jar or tin and then use the matchboxes for DIY projects.
- HP ENVY Photo Printer
- HP Everyday Glossy Photo Paper, 8.5×11
- HP Original Ink (Learn how to save 50% on HP Ink here)
- Print collage sheet (I purchased one on Etsy)
- Mini matchboxes
- White craft glue
- Craft brush
- Magnet sheet
- Print out the collage sheet on HP Glossy Photo Paper. Cut out the images.
- Open and separate the matchboxes. Place magnets in a jar for future use.
- Apply glue to the center of the box and place the image inside. Press down with fingers to make the picture secured to the matchbox.
- Apply glue around the inside panels, smooth out evenly with a brush.
- Pour glitter inside and turn the box for even coverage.
- Empty the excess glitter on a piece of paper and pour back into the glitter jar.
- Repeat process for the outsides, and the front edges of the matchbox.
- Let dry and if desired, add accents!
- Once everything is dry, add the magnet sheet to the back of each glittered matchbox.