First Day of School Printable and Ruler Frame 1,591 views
Share this Post
School is starting soon (if it hasn’t already for your kids), and taking a picture on the first day is tradition. I’ve designed a fun First Day of School Printable (Download) that you can use for the big day with a blank space for the grade, date, and even their teacher’s name!
When taking pictures of your cute kiddos, there’s no need to get out the fancy camera. Cell phones take great pictures these days. If you are on Android, I highly recommend downloading the Camera ZOOM fx app to really take your photos up a notch! With tons of manual shooting modes and editing options, your photos will improve the instant you start using the app.
Having a fun first day photo of the kids in their new school gear on your phone is great, but displaying your photos is so much more special. The app allows you to print wirelessly to your printer. I cropped the photo to 5×7 in the app and printed my daughter’s photo on HP Everyday Glossy Photo Paper on my HP Envy 5540. Once the picture has been printed, it’s time to make a fun Ruler Frame to put it in!
- 4 Wooden Rulers
- 5×7 Frame
- Glue Gun, Glue Gun Sticks
- Cut the wooden rulers to fit the outside of the frame. My measurements were two pieces about 8 ⅜” long, and two more pieces about 4” long.
- Heat up the glue gun. Start adding glue to one of the shorter sides of the frame and place one 4” piece in the center. Hold until the glue sets.
- Next, add a 8 ⅜” piece to the longer side of the frame and glue in place. Glue the other sides on and let the glue set.
- Add your photo to the frame and your First Day of School photos are ready to display! These frames also make great gifts for family, friends, and of course teachers!!