Emoji Lollipop Valentine’s Day Gifts 2,565 views
Share this Post
Project Time:30 minutesIt’s all about the emoji’s everywhere you look right now, from social media, to texting, and yes, even parties and gifts. So, I thought I’d whip up some fun Valentine’s Day treats that are sure to be a hit.
- Printable Gift Tag (Download)
- HP Printer
- Yellow Jolly Ranchers (or a plain round yellow lollipop)
- Red candy hearts (Wilton sell a pack with pink and red)
- Black fondant
- Sugar and water
- Lollipop mold and lollipop sticks
- If you chose to make the Jolly Rancher version, and not purchase plain yellow lollipops, then melt the Jolly Ranchers over low heat. It will take a little while, but slow is the way to go so that you don’t burn the candy, and do it in batches, you want just a single layer over the bottom of your saucepan. Tip: Watch the video below.
- As soon as the candy is melted, pour or spoon it into a lollipop mold. Set the mold aside to cool, and then pop into the freezer for about 10 minutes. While the lollipops are in the freezer make your sugar glue – which is 1 cup of water with 1 cup of white sugar, bring to the boil until sugar is dissolved, simmer for 5 minutes, and then set aside to cool. It will last in the refrigerator in a jar for a few weeks.
- Pop out your lollipops from the mold, and using the sugar glue adhere the heart candy eyes.
- Mold a small piece of black fondant between your fingers, and then flatten it out. Use a small round cutter to cut out a circle, and then cut it again to form a mouth. Adhere that with the sugar glue too.
- Pop your lollipop into a plastic lollipop bag, print the free download (Download) gift tags I’ve created on your HP printer, and attach them to the lollipop with twine.