DIY Wood Slice Photo Ornaments 1,881 views
Share this Post
Project Time:20-30 MinutesIt’s always nice to display memories from each year in photos on your Christmas tree. These DIY wood slice photo ornaments and simple to make. They also make great gifts and stocking stuffers for friends and family members. Here is how to make them in just a few easy steps.
- Wood Slices
- HP Photo Paper
- HP Photo Printer
- Mod Podge
- Foam Brush
- Small Eye Hooks
- Depending on the size of your wood slices, resize your photos to fit accordingly. I find it easy to place all the photos on one Word document. The photos should be slightly larger than the diameter of the wood slice. Print them out on HP Photo paper.
- Cut out each individual picture. Place the wood slice on top of the photo to use as a guide to trim it to fit. You may need to make several adjustments.
- Use Mod Podge and a foam brush to glue the photo to your wood slice. If desired, place another coat of Mod Podge on top of the photo.
- Once the photo is dry, screw in a small eye hook on the top of the ornament. This will take a little pressure.
- Embellish the top with ribbon and tie on a twine hanger.
- Make a set of three or four to give to friends and family. You can make it a theme, like pictures from a special vacation or use the kid’s school photos.