DIY Thankful Tree 4,397 views
Share this Post
Project Time:30 minutesShow off everything you are thankful for this year by making a DIY thankful tree. Add pictures of all of the people and things in your life right from your phone and show them off in this fun fall themed tree. It is so easy to make and you will love adding this to your home décor.
- HP Sprocket Photo Printer
- HP ZINK Sticky-backed Photo Paper
- Galvanized Pitcher
- Clothes Pins
- Printable Leaf and Tag (Download)
- Colored Card Stock
- White Card Stock
- HP Printer DeskJet 3700 Printer
- HP Original Ink (Learn how to save 50% on HP Ink here)
- Hole Punch
- Start by printing the leaves and the tag (Download) onto card stock. The leaves should be printed on colored card stock then cut out with scissors.
- Print the tag on white card stock, cut out, and then punch a hole in the top.
- You will then want to fill your container with Styrofoam.
- Add in sticks of various sizes by pushing them into the foam.
- Cover the top of your foam with moss. You can secure with hot glue if desired.
- Tie the tag onto the handle with ribbon.
- Start by adding on some of the leaves with clothespins.
- Print pictures with your HP Sprocket and add those with clothespins as well.
- Continue adding on leaves and pictures until you are happy with the look.
- Once you are happy with your thankful tree, you can move it to any room in your home. You might even add this to the center of your Thanksgiving table. It would be fun to let each person around the table print a picture from their phone to add on the big day.
Want to see just how to make this project? Watch the video below!