DIY Reverse Canvas 1,555 views
Share this Post
- HP ENVY Photo Printer
- HP Original Ink (Learn how to save 50% on HP Ink here)
- HP Iron-on Transfers – Click Here to buy your HP paper at Staples.com!
- 8×10 Artist’s Canvas
- Wood Stain
- Staple Gun
- Paint Brush
- Craft Knife
- Start by adding your pictures to the HP Iron-on Transfers. Mirror your image so it is backwards and print directly on the transfer.
- Print on best quality and repeat for as many canvas prints as you want to make.
- Then prepare your canvas by removing all of the staples from the back with a screwdriver and pliers.
- Once the staples have been removed, you can remove the frame from the canvas. Stain the canvas frame any shade you would like. Paint on the stain, allow to sit a few minutes, then wipe away any excess with a rag.
- Next you will want to add your transfer to the back (or uncoated) side of the canvas. Follow all directions that come with your packaging for time and temperature.
- You will want to iron in both directions and for the complete time required.
- Then allow to cool slightly and start lifting away the paper to reveal your picture.
- You can iron more if your transfer does not seem to be complete while lifting.
- Now center your frame on the area of the picture you want to keep. Flip it over and add a few staples in the back right into the frame.
- Trim away any excess canvas with a craft knife.
- Add more staples to secure into place.
- Flip over and admire your work!
Make a DIY reverse canvas for your home! This is a great way to preserve those precious memories from your pictures.
I really want to add one or more of these to every room. It is a quick craft that looks amazing when completed!
Be sure to try using an iron-on transfer to make a DIY reverse canvas today!