DIY Mini Sprocket Calendar 4,836 views
Share this Post
This calendar can also be used to create a photo a day calendar, just change what the writing is and make a new print every day.
I’ve found it’s easiest if you have some graph paper to write on, so I’ve created a printable you can use to print out graph paper for this project. Just print on whatever printer you have.
- HP Sprocket Photo Printer
- HP ZINK Sticky-backed Photo Paper
- Phone with Sprocket app
- Black Pen
- Graph paper (or plain paper) (Download)
Tip: it’s helpful to have a calendar nearby so you can reference the days you want to write. I took a screenshot of my full year calendar, from my phone and then printed that tiny calendar with my Sprocket too.
- Hand-write the month days on graph paper (Download). Any size writing is ok, just make sure it’s small enough to easy take a photo with your phone. Also, make sure you use a nice black pens – the Sprocket app has an easy time picking up the writing when you scan. I wrote the dates and the months separately so I can place them on my photos separately.
- Open the Sprocket app, choose a photo and then make a “sticker” using your calendar writing. I scanned the dates and the month names individually. Tip: some months are the same or similar date range. You can cover up days when you scan with a white paper so you don’t have to re-write similar months.
- Place the stickers you’ve created of month dates and names on your photo using the Sprocket app. Save and then print.
- You can adjust the size and color of the sticker using the app editing tools.
Alternatively, if you don’t want to use your own handwriting, you can either take a scan of a printed date set OR you can enter in the dates manually using the text tools in the Sprocket app. I found it to be easiest and quicker to just hand-write everything and scan it. You decide what works best for you!
I hope you have tons of fun making your own mini calendars. I think the hardest part was picking only 12 photos to use.