DIY Custom Phone Grip 9,185 views
Share this Post
Project Time:40 minutesThe fun of doing it yourself is you can transform anything and everything – even your phone grips. Sure they come in an array of colors and styles, but it’s also fun to make some with your own designs and photos. That’s what we did here!
- HP Sprocket Photo Printer
- HP ZINK Sticky-backed Photo Paper
- Dry adhesive
- Nail file
- 2-part resin
- Wax paper
- Take your photo and print it out on your HP Sprocket Photo Printer, using the Sprocket app.
- Use the nail file to sand down the top of the phone grip.
- Set it face down on the photo and trace around the circle, then cut.
- Mix the two-part resin according the package directions.
- Line your work surface with wax paper.
- Apply dry adhesive to the center of the grip, then apply a small drop of resin on either side.
- Place picture on top of the grip.
- Carefully add the resin on top, go very lightly to the edge so it won’t spill over. It will spread as it cures.
- Let cure on the wax paper overnight.
- Remove from wax paper and remove the sticky back and place it on your phone!