DIY Birthday Button 8,866 views
Share this Post
You can use the printable kit as is or use the pieces you cut out as a template for your own favorite printed papers and pictures. You can change out the center circle and make all kinds of cute buttons or personalize with your own message.
- Free Button Printable (Download)
- 1 Regular sized safety pin
- Download and print the birthday button printable (Download) on to regular white printer paper.
- Cut out all the individual pieces on the printable.
- Fold the two rainbow strips, accordion style. There is a dashed line at one end of each strip as a guide for the size of your folds.
- Glue the ends of the strips together.
- Add glue about 1/2 from the edge on the large purple circle.
- Wrap the rainbow folded strip to the glue on the circle. You should create a rosette style circle. Press in place and hold for a moment to ensure the paper adheres together.
- Add glue to the back of the Happy Birthday circle and place in the center of the rosette, press into place.
- Before the glue dries, add each of the small message flags between the birthday circle and the rosette.
- Use the small orange paper rectangle to attach the safety to the back of your pin. Add glue to the paper of the paper piece, place the paper through the safety pin. Glue in place to the back of the button.
There ya go, you should have a cute rainbow birthday button ready to wear!
Fun ways to customize your button:
- Print a photo of the birthday boy or girl and glue that to the center of the button.
- Include stickers, glitter or other embellishments to add a personal touch.
I hope you have fun making this birthday button. The kids love to show off their birthday happiness and this button is a great way to wear their happy with pride!