DIY 4th of July Firecrackers 1,181 views
Share this Post
We always have a party with friends and family on the 4th of July to celebrate our country. This year, I wanted to make some party favors to share, and came up with these dazzling DIY 4th of July Firecrackers made with Rolo candy bars, a printable wrapper, and a few other craft supplies! They are really easy to make, and they are sure to be a hit for the 4th of July!
- Printable 4th of July Candy Bar Wrappers (Download)
- HP DeskJet 3755 All-in-One Printer
- HP Multipurpose Paper
- Scissors or Paper Trimmer
- Clear Tape
- Gold Pipe Cleaners/Fuzzy Sticks
- Gold Pom Poms
- Super Glue or other strong craft glue
- Download the Free Printable 4th of July Rolo Wrappers file (Download). For best results, print it out on HP Multipurpose Paper. Cut out the four wrapper designs with scissors or paper trimmer.
- Add a line of tape tape runner or place a piece of tape at the end of the wrapper (without the wording). Wrap the printable wrapper around the Rolo candy and press the tape down.
- Cut a gold pipe cleaner into thirds. Attach a gold pom pom onto one end of the pipe cleaner:
*Since the middle of the pipe cleaner is wire, you can carefully press it through the center of a pom pom to attach it to one end.
*If you have trouble with this, you can also add a little bit of a strong craft glue (E600, Super Glue, or hot glue) to the pom pom and then press the pipe cleaner into it and hold until the glue sets.
- Carefully wrap the pipe cleaner around a pencil or your little finger to make a spiral.
- Place a small piece of clear tape on one end of the Rolo candy bar. Press so it sticks well, especially around the edges. Add a drop of craft glue onto the tape. Bend the end of the pipe cleaner (without the pom pom) and press it into the glue and hold until it sets.