Chinese Dragon Puppet 6,760 views
Share this Post
As we approach the Chinese New Year, we decided to help in creating this fun Chinese Dragon puppet in honor of our favorite country in Epcot.
- Chinese Dragon Puppet Printble (Download)
- Crepe Paper (Red, Orange, Yellow)
- Two paper straws
- Markers or crayons for coloring
- Print the Chinese Dragon Printable here: Download .
- Have the kids color the dragon.
- Help them to cut the dragon head and tail out
- Cut 3 – 12 inch piece of crepe paper.
- Cut each piece of crepe paper in half lengthwise so that you have 6 – 12 inch piece of crepe paper
- For the body of the dragon, stack three piece of crepe paper on top of each other and fold into an accordion shape approximately a half inch wide.
- Turn dragon head and body over and tape the ends of the three pieces of accordion crepe paper to the head and the other ends to the tail.
- Tape one straw to the head and one to the tail with the bottom of the straw hanging off the bottom of the puppet.
- Cut the extra 3 pieces of crepe paper in half lengthwise and then again lengthwise, so they are 3 inches approximately in length. You can then tape those piece to the back of the dragon to hang off the bottom.
- As an added option, you can cut the smaller piece to create fridge.
Happy Chinese New Year!