Boredom Busters Jar 1,374 views
Share this Post
Summer is here and now that the kids are home, most of us are constantly hearing “I’m boooored!” even though there is so much for them to do! I created this free printable Boredom Busters Jar for you and your kids to put together so when they are feeling like there’s nothing to do, all they have to do is head to the jar. I’ve come up with 100 activities (with a few chores thrown in) that is guaranteed to keep them busy.
The jar has been successful at my house so far. If my daughter chooses a chore, she surprisingly hurries to get it done so she can choose another activity. It saves a bit of my sanity from having to try to come up with something exciting to do, and adds a fun surprise each day! Since we homeschool, I think we might even use this jar year-round!
- Printable Boredom Busters Set (Download)
- Copy Paper
- HP Envy 5540
- Scissors or Paper Cutter
- Tape Runner
- Jumbo Craft Sticks
- Mason Jar
Boredom Busters Jar Instructions:
- Print out the printable boredom busters set (Download) with an HP Envy 5540 Printer.
- Cut out the Boredom Busters label and 100 chore and activity strips following the dotted lines.
- Attach the chore and activity strips to jumbo craft sticks using a tape runner. Add tape along the backside of the strip and stick it to one end of the craft stick.
- Add some tape runner lines to the back of the Boredom Busters label. Attach it to the front of a clean mason jar or bucket.
- When kids come to you complaining of boredom, have them choose a stick from the jar and complete the activity!