Tangled DIY Gift Bag 1,185 views
Share this Post
This project was developed in support of HP’s sponsored projects with Disney Family.
Whether you use these bags as favors for a Princess birthday party or give it as a gift to a special kid in your life, this Tangled gift bag is both pretty and practical. You can use your HP printer to create a custom tote bag that will hold enough hair products for even Rapunzel’s locks!
- Plain tote bag
- Princess quote poster (image reversed)
- Heat transfer paper
- HP printer
- Glitter puffy paint
- Spray bottle
- Avery Textured White Scallop Round Tags 80503
- Avery Design & Print Online software
- deTangler tag graphic
- Assorted hair products
Instructions (Detangling Spray):
- Add three parts water and one part conditioner into a spray bottle.
- Shake well.
- Tie on a custom printed tag with ribbon.
NOTE: The spray is intended for human hair, but it works on doll hair too!
Instructions (Custom Tags):
- Visit www.Avery.com/myprintly
- Enter the product number of your labels into the Print It Yourself search bar. I used Avery Scallop Round Tags 80503.
- Choose any template and click “Next.” Delete any design on the template.
- Add the deTangler graphic to the tag template. Or download and save my file, then open it at www.avery.com/openmyprintly.
- When you are finished, either save your design to your Avery account or your own computer.
- Click Preview and Print.
- Click Print to send the tags to your HP printer.
Instructions (Tangled Quote Tote Bag):
- Download the REVERSED princess quote PDF.
- Load a sheet of heat transfer paper into your HP printer, face down.
- Print the graphic onto the transfer paper.
- Place the graphic face down onto the tote bag.
- Iron the transfer onto the bag, according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Carefully peel off the backing paper.
- Optional: Add puffy paint decoration around the transfer.
- Load the tote up with hair products and give it to the lucky girl!