Surprise Road Trip Travel Bags for Kids 2,588 views
Share this Post
With school getting out shortly for summer break, now is the perfect time to plan that road trip (if you haven’t already). Keeping kids occupied in the car though is so important. I don’t know about you but being asked countless times “how much longer?” can become a little tiresome after a while. I like to break up our road trips with planned stops for sightseeing and food (and of course rest areas) so that the kids aren’t sitting for too long. To help keep them occupied in the car though I always give them a few of their favorite things. But, I also give them a couple of new things too that will hold their attention, because don’t we all love something that’s shiny and new?! So I’ve made a couple of these surprise road trip bags for the kids’ for our upcoming summer road trip.
- Surprise Card PDF to clip to bags (Download)
- HP Printer
- HP glossy photo paper
- Contents for bags – i.e. HP Sprocket with paper, Clipboard with travel maps and activities, a project to complete, a toy etc.
- Clip to hold bag closed so there’s no peeking.
- The first thing you need to do is decide what you are going to put into your bag; that will determine the size of the bag that you need. Here are a few ideas though:
– HP Sprocket with ZINK Photo Paper
– Road trip maps and activities – these are free if you are a AAA member
– Travel bingo
– Fluffy socks
– Neck pillow
– Small toy
– DIY kit that doesn’t contain a lot of small parts that can be dropped such as the pom pom animal kit I included
– Travel journal
– Clipboard with a marker attached so it isn’t dropped and so that they have a hard surface to complete activities on.
– Sleep mask for naps
– Cute sunglasses for protecting little eyes from the sun coming through the window
- Next, find a bag big enough to hold all of your goodies. The one I chose will double as a bag for taking things such as snacks and towels to the lake and fishing during our road trip adventure.
- Then, print out the fun ‘Surprise’ printable (Download) I created to clip to your bag, or alternatively make up your own. I used HP Photo Creations to create this card.
- Attach the note card to the bag using a clip so that kids cannot open until they are in the car.
Have a great road trip.
Pin for later: