Photo Cactus Garden 836 views
Share this Post
When it comes to living plants, I’m not exactly their best friend. However, we do have a beautiful cactus garden in our backyard. I found the perfect solution to bring the beauty of that garden into my house in the ultimate everlasting way!
I made a photo cactus garden!
The idea is to use your cactus or even plant photographs and transform them into a fun decoration like this. I think this is a great idea for a craft night project, or maybe party favors. You can even more creative and use photos other than cactuses.
- Small Ceramic or Plastic Plant Pot
- 5×7 HP Glossy Photo Paper
- HP Photo Creations
- Dry adhesive
- White craft glue
- Red tissue paper
- Take close up photos of a cactus or other greenery. Bump up the saturation in a photo editing program.
- Upload your images to HP Creations and print each image out on the glossy photo paper.
- Cut the pieces in half and glue them together using the dry adhesive.
- Cut out the shapes. You can freestyle, or draw a design on paper and use transfer paper on the photo paper. Cut away any white edges.
- Once all of your cacti are cut, cut a cardboard circle and use the white glue to secure it in the center of the pot. This will be the base to glue the cacti.
- Separate the papers at the bottom of each cactus and add hot glue. Secure to the cardboard base.
- Use decoupage medium to coat the cardboard, time to add the glitter!
- Pour the glitter over the wet glue, tip upside to remove the excess.
- Roll little pieces of red tissue and glue to the tops of each cactus.
And there you have it!