New Years Countdown Cards Craft 632 views
Share this Post
This New Year’s party countdown activity is great for both kids and adults. It’s a great way for guests to stay entertained during the party festivities. I have done this with kids in the past and it is always a big hit.
- Free Downloadable Print (Download)
- HP Envy Photo Printer
- HP Original Ink (Learn how to save 50% on HP Ink here)
- HP Inkjet Matte Brochure Paper
- Pen or Marker
Simply print ad cut out the printable cards provided (Download). Next, write a task for your guests to complete on each card. Lastly, display them on your Christmas tree or mantel.
Depending on your party time, the guests will open a card at each hour. The final card will be opened at 11:45, fifteen minutes before midnight. On this final card, you can write something like, “find a special surprise to use at midnight hidden in XYZ.” Another option is, “gather in the living room to countdown the New Year together.”
Here are some examples of tasks to write on the cards for kids.
- Sing Jingle Bells (or another song) at the top of your lungs.
- Do ten jumping jacks.
- Tell your parents you love them and give them a hug.
- Take turns telling a funny joke.
- Go to the kitchen and get a special treat.
- Play a game of Duck Duck Goose/Hide and Seek.
Here are some examples of tasks to write on the cards for adults.
- Take a New Year’s shot.
- Take turns making a toast.
- Share your New Year’s resolution.
- Give your partner a hug and kiss and tell them how much you appreciate them.
- Tell an inappropriate joke.
- Cheers everyone at the party.
I hope you try it out and you and your guest enjoy playing! Happy New Year!