Matching Mother’s Day Card and Gift 458 views
Share this Post
Mother’s Day is coming up fast, but there is still time to create a sweet and sentimental gift for Mom with the help of some great HP products. Use HP Photo Creations to design a one-of-a-kind card featuring a family photo, then decorate a photo frame to match. After Mom opens the card, she can pop the photo into the frame for a thoughtful keepsake gift!
- 4×6 HP photo paper
- HP Photo Creations
- White cardstock
- HP color printer
- Craft knife
- Decorative tape
- Raw wood photo frame
- Scrapbook embellishments
- 5×7 envelope
- Scan and print a copy of a favorite family photo on 4×6 photo paper.
- Use HP Photo Creations software to design a 5×7 Mother’s Day that coordinates with the photo. Print the card on white cardstock, cut to size, and fold.
- Center the photo on the front of the card, then mark and cut small 45 degree angle slots through the front of the card with your craft knife. The slots should be positioned about ½ inch in from each corner. DON’T cut the photo!
- Slide the photo into the four slots and secure the photo to the card with decorative tape.
- Measure and cut decorative tape so that it will cover the front of the photo frame in diagonal stripes. Tuck the excess tape around the edges of the frame.
- Add scrapbook embellishments, if you would like.
- Slip the photo card into the envelope and wrap the frame!