Glittered 3D Halloween Cards 1,327 views
Share this Post
My family has always loved singing and moving cards. After recently looking at these type of Halloween cards at the store costing around $10 each, I decided to make my own.
The easiest thing to do for a card with that unique “wow” factor is to go 3D. Add in glitter and, well, things are even more awesome, aren’t they?
- HP Card & Invitation Kit
- Craft knife or cutting machine
- Cardstock paper
- Spray adhesive
- Mounting Tape or felt bumpers with tacky glue
The images I used came from freepik. Get the awesome zombie hands here and the creepy haunted house here. We’re going to separate the top element (the hands or the haunted house) from the background to make our 3D cards.
- Print the background image of your choice on blank HP Cards.
- Print your selected foreground image onto a piece of cardstock to cut out with a utility knife.
- If using a knife, look for images where the top piece won’t be terribly detailed. If you have a cutting machine, turn your top layer into a PNG file and then trace and cut out of cardstock.
- Now we’re going to get off of the computer and piece together our card. This is the backside for the haunted house card…
And this is the top piece that will be 3D.
- Apply a healthy amount of spray adhesive onto the front of your cut out, taking care to spray over a piece of scrap paper. Apply a heavy coat of glitter. Allow a moment to dry and shake the excess glitter back into your glitter shaker.
- At this point, you can use mounting tape or felt bumpers with tacky glue to layer the two pieces together. Apply your mounting tape to the backside of your card and carefully place onto your printed background image.
- If necessary trim up the front piece on the bottom or sides so that the piece is flush with the card kit piece on the back.
- Carefully slide into an envelope and this card is a wrap!
- There are tons of awesome stickers with words and sayings available at craft stores in the scrapbooking aisle, too. For even more flair, think of adding additional elements to the cards your design!