Emoji Lollipop Valentine’s Day Gifts 1,301 views
Share this Post
It’s all about the emoji’s everywhere you look right now, from social media, to texting, and yes, even parties and gifts. So, I thought I’d whip up some fun Valentine’s Day treats that are sure to be a hit.
- Printable Gift Tag (Download)
- HP Printer
- Yellow Jolly Ranchers (or a plain round yellow lollipop)
- Red candy hearts (Wilton sell a pack with pink and red)
- Black fondant
- Sugar and water
- Lollipop mold and lollipop sticks
- If you chose to make the Jolly Rancher version, and not purchase plain yellow lollipops, then melt the Jolly Ranchers over low heat. It will take a little while, but slow is the way to go so that you don’t burn the candy, and do it in batches, you want just a single layer over the bottom of your saucepan. Tip: Watch the video below.
- As soon as the candy is melted, pour or spoon it into a lollipop mold. Set the mold aside to cool, and then pop into the freezer for about 10 minutes. While the lollipops are in the freezer make your sugar glue – which is 1 cup of water with 1 cup of white sugar, bring to the boil until sugar is dissolved, simmer for 5 minutes, and then set aside to cool. It will last in the refrigerator in a jar for a few weeks.
- Pop out your lollipops from the mold, and using the sugar glue adhere the heart candy eyes.
- Mold a small piece of black fondant between your fingers, and then flatten it out. Use a small round cutter to cut out a circle, and then cut it again to form a mouth. Adhere that with the sugar glue too.
- Pop your lollipop into a plastic lollipop bag, print the free download (Download) gift tags I’ve created on your HP printer, and attach them to the lollipop with twine.