DIY Pop Art Portrait 684 views
Share this Post
The best tip is to use a portrait type of photo to give you lots of room to play. I used a wood plaque as my base and left it natural before adding the painted designs. You can add glitter or sparkle varnish too.
If you want, you can coat your piece in two-part resin afterwards, or leave it as is.
- HP ENVY Photo Printer
- HP Advanced Glossy Photo Paper, 4×6
- HP Original Ink (Learn how to save 50% on HP Ink here)
- Wood plaque
- Glue stick
- Craft paint
- Assorted paint colors
- Assorted paint brushes
- Print your picture on 4×6 glossy paper.
- Cut out the head and just below the shoulders
- Use a glue stick to affix photo to the wood base. Smooth with fingers.
- Use the green craft paint the paint the background of leaves and vines, let dry and then add white where the flowers will be. Let dry.
- Cover the white areas with paint for the flowers.
- Outline everything in black if desired.
- Let dry. Paint outside borders of the plaque, and add a hanging attachment on the back.