DIY Picture Hanger 2,219 views
Share this Post
This cute DIY picture hanger would look great in a teen’s room or any room in your home. Add pictures straight from your cell phone easily with the HP sprocket. A fun way to get those memories out of your phone and onto the wall!
- Wood strip (I used an 18” long piece)
- HP Sprocket with Zink Paper
- Drill and drill bit
- Hole punch
- Scrapbook paper
- White string
- Start by drilling three holes into your wood strip equal distances apart. I started with one hole in the center then the remaining two holes equal distances from the ends. Make sure your holes are large enough that your string will fit through easily however you want to be able to knot the string on the back so do not make the holes too large. Stain the strip on all sides and wipe away any excess. Allow to dry completely.
- In the meantime, cut your scrapbook paper into six equally sized triangles with your scissors.
- Place two of these triangles back to back and secure with adhesive. Punch a hole in the center of one side. Repeat until you have three of these “sandwiches”. Allow any adhesive you use to dry completely before continuing. I used a dry adhesive but any glue will work.
- Place the string through the wood strip and knot.
- Measure and cut the string a little longer than you desire (I made mine 12” long). Then knot the string in the hole on your triangles making it the desired length. Trim any tails on your string with the scissors. Repeat for all three of the triangles.
- Wrap the string around the ends of the wood strip and knot leaving some slack in the center for a hanger.
- Print photos straight from your cell phone with the HP Sprocket. You can print as many photos as you desire. Remember that each photo is a sandwich so it requires two pictures.
- The pictures are self-adhesive. Peel the backing from one photo and place upside down on your work surface. Place the string on the adhesive in the correct location for the picture. Remove the backing from another picture and place directly on top of the first one. The string should be sandwiched in between.
- Repeat for all of the photos that you want to display.
Hang the finished DIY picture hanger from a nail. You can flip the photos over anytime that you want a new look!
The HP Sprocket makes this a quick and easy project that anyone can make. Display those memories and get them out of your cell phone with this DIY picture hanger!
Missed part of this instructions or need to see how to make this craft step by step? Follow along with our video below!