DIY Photo Gifts for Mother’s Day 2,710 views
Share this Post
Every mom loves getting photos of her children for Mother’s Day. Quickly print and turn those photos into gifts with the HP Sprocket. Anyone can make these gift ideas in just minutes with the instructions below.
- HP Sprocket and ZINK Photo Paper
- Blank Acrylic Shapes with holes
- Clip and Keyring (for key chain)
- Necklace and Jump Rings (for necklace)
- Jewelry Pliers
- Start by printing the pictures of your choice with the HP Sprocket. The great part is that the pictures are ready to use right out of the printer with no dry time required and they are self-adhesive.
- Lay the acrylic shape of your choice onto the picture and trace with a marker.
- Use scissors to cut around traced shape.
- Peel the backing from your image and stick to the front of the acrylic shape.
- Add a coat of decoupage to the front of your image and allow to dry. NOTE: The decoupage will be milky white when applied but will dry clear.
- Once dry, you are ready to add the shapes to jewelry or a key ring.
- Use jewelry pliers to attach the shape to a key ring with a clip or to a necklace with jump rings. You could also do earrings or a bracelet. Anything that you can dream of can be made with this technique.
Mom will love these DIY photo gifts for Mother’s Day or anytime of the year.
NOTE: You can add several coats of decoupage if desired for additional protection on your photo. Just be sure to follow the instructions on the package for additional coats.
Which of these DIY photo gifts will you try to make for mom?
Want to watch a video of the process? You can see the gifts being made below!