DIY Paper Flowers 891 views
Share this Post
Make extra-large paper flowers for parties, showers, weddings, and so much more. Our free printable template makes it simple to make these in any color that works with your theme. You can even add several to a wall for affordable home décor on a budget.
- Printable paper flower template (Download)
- 8 sheets of 12 x 12 colored paper per flower
- HP DeskJet 3700 Printer
- HP Original Ink (Learn how to save 50% on HP Ink here)
- Hot glue and glue gun
- Start by printing your template (Download).
- The template has numbers on each section indicating how many of each size petal you will need to cut. Start by cutting around the largest petal on your template.
- Lay the template onto your paper and cut around to make petal shapes. TIP: Cut two or three pieces of paper at once to save on cutting time.
- Continue until you have all five of the largest petal size.
- Then trim your template to the next size petal and cut those from colored paper.
- Continue until you have cut all of your petal shapes. The numbers on the image below correspond to the numbers on the template and indicates how many of each that have been cut from paper.
- Cut a slit up the bottom of each petal. This can be done on up to five petals at a time so do each stack separately. The slit should go approximately ¼ of the way up the petal.
- Use a pencil to curl down the ends of each petal as shown below. Just wrap around your pencil and release.
- The only thing you will need to remember when making your flowers is that the smallest four sizes of petals will curl in and the largest three will curl out. I like making two stacks as shown below to help remember when gluing everything together.
- Set the two smallest petals aside and start with the third smallest. Cross the cut tabs at the bottom and use hot glue to secure.
- Use hot glue to secure the three petals of this size together as shown below.
- Continue in this same manner with each petal of your flower. Add the next size to the outside of the flower.
- Again, the largest three sizes should curl out while the inner petals will curl in.
- Now it is time to make a center for your flower. Again, cross the two cut tabs and secure with a bit of hot glue on each one.
- There are two each of these sizes. Put them together with a bit of hot glue.
- Then secure one set inside another to complete a flower center.
- Use hot glue to add the center to the flower.
- You can then hang your extra-large paper flowers anywhere you would like! I find that command strips work great to put these just about anywhere.
I like making mine with two colors of paper but one solid color would work as well.
Now that you know how to make these huge paper flowers, how many will you be making?
Want to see one of these being made? Try the video below!