Day of the Dead Cards 897 views
Share this Post
Sometimes the craft store doesn’t have the exact kind of paper you want for your projects. That was my issue recently. I wanted to make some Day of the Dead greeting cards but couldn’t find any brightly colored patterned paper. So I did what any crafty-minded person would do – I made my own scrapbook paper!
You can do it too! The HP Envy printer produces such brilliant color copies, it’s easy to put it to work to make magical paper crafts!
- HP Brochure Paper
- HP Printer
- Blank greeting cards
- Crafty Chica Cling Stamps for Day of the Dead
- Ink pad
- Dimensional adhesive dots
- Dry adhesive
- Scissors or paper cutter
- OPTIONAL: Glue pad and glitter
- Design your paper and then scan it into your computer. Use an editing program to size it to 8 ½ x 11, then print on the brochure paper. Print a few sheets so you’ll have plenty!
- Cut your paper to assorted sizes that you can use in your card project.
- Use a glue pad for the sugar skull cling stamp, then stamp on a 3×3 piece of paper. Pour glitter over the wet glue. Let dry.
- Use a dry adhesive to add the custom scrapbook paper piece to the front of your card. Set in place and press in place.
- Once the glue is dried on the skull cling stamp, apply two dimensional adhesive dots to the back and press it on the front of the card.
- Continue making more cards and mix and match to your heart’s content!