Colorize Photos with Watercolors 691 views
Share this Post
I love looking at old photographs, especially black and white photos. There are some great ones of my grandparents when they were younger, and some of those black and white photos were colorized by the photographer. I decided to try my hand at recreating that colorized photo look, but with watercolors!
- HP glossy brochure paper
- HP printer
- Scissors (for smaller photos)
- Watercolor paint
- Palette or plate
- Start by choosing some black and white photos and scanning them or editing your existing photos into black and white. Print those photos onto glossy brochure paper using your HP printer.
- If you have chosen to print several photos on one piece of paper, cut those photos apart.
- Add your watercolor paint to your palette, and begin adding diluted watercolors to certain areas of your photos.
- Be creative and try different techniques on the same photo.
- Mix unexpected colors for a pop art look.
- After the photos dry, you can frame them or give them away!