Celebrate Dr. Seuss’s Birthday with The Lorax 1,925 views
Share this Post
Dr. Seuss’s birthday is coming up on March 2nd. Celebrate this special day by reading the Dr. Seuss classics, watching movies (like The Lorax and Horton Hears a Who), and making these fun craft projects.
- The Lorax quote t-shirt transfer (Download)
- HP Printer
- HP Iron-On Transfer paper
- Yellow candies for melting
- Mustache lollipop mold and lollipop sticks
- Plain white t-shirt
This is going to be in 2 parts, one for the t-shirt, the second for the lollipops.
- Download the free printable quote from The Lorax (Download), onto t-shirt transfer paper. No need to do anything but print, I’ve already created the PDF in a mirror image so that when it’s ironed on it’s the correct way around.
- Follow the directions on the HP Iron-On Transfer paper packet for correct ironing times. Tip: You can also watch my video below for more details.
- Peel back the transfer paper once ironing time is complete, and there you have it, a fun new shirt to wear to celebrate Dr. Seuss’s birthday.
Now for the candy mustache lollipops.
- Begin by placing your candies into a microwave safe bowl, microwave on 50% power (or the defrost setting) for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each until completely melted.
- Place a lollipop stick into the mustache mold, and then spoon the melted candy into the mustache section of the mold, ensuring it covers the end of the lollipop stick too. Place into the refrigerator until set, and then pop them out of the mold.
And there you have it, a fun candy mustache and shirt inspired by The Lorax, and perfect for celebrating Dr. Seuss’s birthday.
Pin this post for later: