A Simple DIY Wall Calendar 758 views
Share this Post
With the new year a lot of people tend to re-organize, purge, and get organized for the coming year. My daughter designed a simple wall calendar that’s perfect for above her desk, but really, can be placed anywhere in the home, from the kitchen, above the school backpack hooks, or in a home office.
- Free printable month and date cards (Download)
- Piece of wood – alternatively we found a simple plain wood sign with cord hanger for just a few dollars at the craft store.
- White paint and paintbrush
- White paneling nails and a hammer
My daughter started by making this, but she knew she wanted it eventually in colors to match her bedroom decor, so I suggested making printable cards, and painting the sign, and so that is what we did.
- Print out the month and date cards (Download) on HP Photo paper and print on your HP printer.
- Cut out each card, and then hole punch the top center.
- Paint your wood sign with 2 coats of wood paint, and roughen it up a little with sandpaper if you want a worn look.
- Hammer the paneling nails across the top, and hang your cards from each.
- Hang your calendar on the wall.
Watch the video below to learn more and pin this post for later.